Friday, July 8, 2016

Summer is Sweet With Time

Closing the door on the school year and looking forward to some easy, breezy days ahead.

Summer is sweet with time.  The weeks will fly by.  They always do!  But for today...and tomorrow...and a few tomorrows after that...I will breathe easy and make plans.
Here's what I've got so far:




On the Home Front:

Family:  Summer gives me time to savor the moments with my husband and my boys....making memories, getting back in the groove of enjoying each other's company (as opposed to looking up from my computer to ask "What do you need?").

Extended Family:  I am blessed with many extended family gatherings in the summer...4th of July, August Family Reunion, and a host of spontaneous get togethers in between.


Play Dates:  I've got one kid who's still young enough to want to play with his Mom and a teenager who likes an occasional evening of popcorn and Netflix.  So... IT IS ON!



On the Job Front:

Brushing Up and Catching Up:  Needing to brush up on a few skills I haven't used for a while and catch up on perusing the ASHA website for new information  especially in the areas of  Sign Language, Core Vocabulary, Apraxia. Will be needing this for some incoming preschoolers and, this is how I know I'm lucky to be an SLP... I'm  really looking forward it! No joke.  I love this stuff.

Create:  It's so helpful to have a quality home component for families who want to do carryover of speech and language skills.  The research confirms it.  So....I plan to create a Home Practice resource this summer that can be individualized for a variety of skills, reasonably implemented throughout the year,  and developmentally appropriate for preschoolers.     Tall order.  But I've got some ideas.  Can't wait to get started on them.



Coursework:
Letting Go 101:  This is a self taught "crash" course brought on by a newly licensed teenager with a summer job.  (Pun intended, but he's actually a very good driver).

Mindful Communication: In my first week of eight for this online course and Loving this so far.  It is my second mindfulness course through Mindful Schools.

So That's It.  My Summer Plans!

The first order of business though is to pack up and clean up some loose ends at school...so time to stop blogging and get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment